- Rebuild and widen approx. 11 miles of I-20 and I-820
- Reconstruct the I-20, I-820 and US 287 interchanges
- Construct collector-distributor roads to reduce congestion on US 287 and eliminate weaving merge movements.
- Build Texas Turnarounds at all cross streets to improve frontage road connectivity and improve access to ramps
Major construction activities will begin in the spring of 2023. Preconstruction activities will begin in late summer of 2022.
This project is estimated for substantial completion in 2027.
TxDOT selected South-Point Constructors as the best value proposer to deliver the design-build project that was conditionally awarded in November of 2021, with the contract executed in February of 2022.
The term “design-build” means that construction begins in areas where design is complete, while at the same time, plans are developed for other segments of the work. By simultaneously carrying out design and construction activities, project completion can be accelerated to minimize overall costs due to escalating material prices and rising wages. This means that Tarrant County will see improved mobility and safety sooner along the Southeast Connector Project.
The Texas Department of Transportation is the project’s owner.
The Southeast Connector Project is being built by South-Point Constructors, a joint venture between two of Texas’ most respected organizations in the highway construction industry – Westlake based Kiewit Infrastructure South Co. and Austin Bridge & Road Services L.P. South-Point Constructors is utilizing AECOM as the lead Engineering firm on the project.
Right of way is land acquired by purchase, gift or eminent domain in order to build and maintain a public road. The state of Texas owns the right of way on the Southeast Connector.
There are multiple ways to get information about the project:
- To subscribe to e-mail alerts, click here.
- Call our toll-free information hotline at 844-820-2870 with any questions about the project.
- Visit our Public Information Office, located at 5354 East Loop 820 South in Fort Worth, TX 76119, Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- You can also find us on social media:
- Facebook – SEConnector
- Twitter – @SE_Connector
Submit your comment or question through the Comments section on this website.
Comments can also be submitted at any time during the project, either by e-mail, phone, in person, or by mail at:South-Point Constructors
5354 E Loop 820 S
Fort Worth, Texas 76119
Phone: (844) 820-2870