Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/southeas/public_html/wp-content/plugins/q-and-a/inc/functions.php on line 252
SouthEast Connector Project: May 2017 Flyover Video
The project team has created the May 2017 flyover video. Each video begins at the southern end of the project (Segment 1) at the current intersection of South Meadows Parkway and Veterans Parkway and concludes at the northern end of the project at Clean Water Way (Segment 4).
Due to significant winter storms that caused flooding throughout the Truckee Meadows, major construction operations of the SouthEast Connector Project were forced to temporarily stop. The project is now slated for completion in spring 2018.
Major construction advancements since February’s video include:
- Preliminary roadway embankment work in Segment 1 (between South Meadows Parkway and Alexander Lake Road).
- Columns receiving concrete pours at Huffaker Narrows Bridge (at Alexander Lake Road).
- Mechanically stabilized earth (MSE) wall construction near Huffaker Narrows Bridge.
- Increased earthwork in Segments 1 and 2 (between South Meadows Parkway and Mira Loma Drive).
- Walls of the large drainage structure and golf cart undercrossing poured with concrete in Rosewood Lakes Golf Course.
- Removing surcharge in Segment 3 (Rosewood Lakes Golf Course).
- Northbound deck of the Boynton Slough Bridge poured in Segment 3.
- You will also notice the project’s flood mitigation design at work. A significant amount of flood waters spread across the area has drained back toward Steamboat creek.
You can watch the latest flyover video, and other videos featuring important aspects of the project, by visiting the ‘Videos’ page on the project website here. You can also subscribe to the SouthEast Connector Project and RTC Washoe channels on YouTube.
Your RTC. Our Community. | rtcwashoe.com