Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/southeas/public_html/wp-content/plugins/q-and-a/inc/functions.php on line 252
Construction Activities Increase with Help of Early Spring Weather
Construction activities are rapidly progressing on the SouthEast Connector project with the help of Mother Nature and stable weather conditions.
“The warmer weather results in dryer and safer working conditions,” said Granite Project Manager Brian Roll. “This increases operations and the size of our crews, which is good for everyone.”
Major upcoming construction activities for March and April include:
- Construction of the haul road from Mira Loma Drive south towards South Meadows Parkway.
- Excavating trenches between Alexander Lake Road and South Meadows Parkway.
- Dewatering from Rosewood Lakes Golf Course south to South Meadows Parkway.
- Placing embankment for Boynton Bridge and Rosewood Lakes Golf Course Drainage culverts.
- Temporary diversions of Steamboat Creek at Mira Loma and Huffaker Narrows.
- Bi-weekly nesting bird surveys to protect the wildlife.
- Pile driving at Boynton Bridge and Rosewood Lakes Drainage Bridge to form the foundations for the bridges in the Golf Course.
- Deep soil mixing at Boynton Slough, Rosewood Lakes, Mira Loma and Huffaker Narrows Bridge locations to stabilize the ground.
- Stripping mercury laden soil between Mira Loma Drive and Alexander Lake Road.
Stakeholder updates will be distributed weekly, and as construction operations progress.
Your RTC. Our Community. | rtcwashoe.com