Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/southeas/public_html/wp-content/plugins/q-and-a/inc/functions.php on line 252
SouthEast Connector Work Zone Safety Reminder
The RTC, Granite Construction and the entire Project Team pledged a personal commitment to safety. The team developed a project sign with individual safety messages that is posted at the entrance of the project office, and safety measures are discussed at all project meetings.
“Safety is everyone’s concern,” pledged Garth Oksol RTC Project Manager.
With safety in mind, the Project Team reminds the public that the SouthEast Connector is an active construction zone, and only authorized personnel are allowed on site. Please, do your part in maintaining a safe construction work zone and do not enter the project site.
The team offers the following safety tips to the community to stay safe during construction:
- Stay out of construction work zones; Rosewood Lakes and the new Veterans Memorial Bridge are active construction zones
- Be alert and be careful near construction areas
- Obey construction warning signs and speed limits
- Heavy equipment has the right-of-way
- Cross only at assigned spots: Look left, right and left again
- Pay special attention on Pembroke Drive and Mira Loma Drive for construction equipment and workers
- Parents: Discuss the importance of construction safety with your children; a construction work zone is not a playground
SEC Photo Contest
The Project Team invites the public to submit their best photos of the environment or wildlife seen throughout the area in a photo contest! Features of the project may be included; however, photos must be taken off-site. Winner receives a $25 gift card to a nearby local business of their choice. Submit your photo through the project website at southeastconnector.com/photos. Deadline to submit photos is April 3, 2017, winner will be announced April 7.
Your RTC. Our Community. | rtcwashoe.com