Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/southeas/public_html/wp-content/plugins/q-and-a/inc/functions.php on line 252
SouthEast Connector Project Team Commits to a Safety Culture
All team members on the SouthEast Connector project pledged a personal commitment to safety. The team developed a project sign with individual safety messages that is posted at the entrance of the project office.
“If you see something, say something!” is the project team’s strategy. “Safety is my priority because I want everyone to go home to their family every night,” exclaims Brian Roll, Granite Project Manager.
The team offers the following safety tips to the community to stay safe during construction:
- Stay out of construction work zones; Rosewood Lakes is an active construction zone
- Be alert and be careful near construction areas
- Obey construction warning signs and speed limits
- Give heavy equipment the right-of-way
- Cross only at assigned spots: Look left, right and left again
- Pay special attention on Pembroke Drive at the golf course club house for construction equipment and workers
- Be truck smart: If you can’t see the truck driver’s face, they can’t see you
- Parents: Discuss the importance of construction safety with your children; a construction work zone is not a playground
“Safety is everyone’s concern,” stated RTC Project Manager Garth Oksol. “To deliver a quality job you need a strong safety culture.”
Stakeholder updates will be distributed weekly, and as construction operations progress.
For more information please call the project hotline at (775) 789-9832 or email Info@SouthEastConnector.com. For additional information and to sign-up to receive updates visit SouthEastConnector.com.
Your RTC. Our Community. | rtcwashoe.com