Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/southeas/public_html/wp-content/plugins/q-and-a/inc/functions.php on line 252
SouthEast Connector Project: June 2017 Flyover Video
The project team has created the June 2017 flyover video. Each video begins at the southern end of the project (Segment 1) at the current intersection of South Meadows Parkway and Veterans Parkway and concludes at the northern end of the project at Clean Water Way (Segment 4).
Major construction advancements since May 2017 include:
- Increased roadway embankment work in Segment 1 (between South Meadows Parkway and Alexander Lake Road).
- Framework placed for the Huffaker Narrows Bridge (at Alexander Lake Road).
- Construction of a pre-cast equalizing drainage structure south of Heron’s Landing.
- All columns poured with concrete for the Mira Loma Bridge.
- Roofs of the large drainage structure and golf cart undercrossing poured with concrete in Rosewood Lakes Golf Course.
- Increased removal of surcharge, additional soil to provide weight in order to compress the soil faster, in Segment 3 (Rosewood Lakes Golf Course).
- Excavation of a mitigation basin in Segment 4, north of Yori Drain.
- Excess water drainage from throughout the project into Steamboat Creek as part of the project’s design.
You can watch the latest flyover video, and other videos featuring important aspects of the project, by visiting the ‘Videos’ page on the project website here. You can also subscribe to the SouthEast Connector Project and RTC Washoe channels on YouTube.
Construction of Pembroke Intersection is Underway
The Project Team is vigorously at work on the new Pembroke Drive and Veterans Parkway intersection. In the first week, old pavement on Pembroke Drive has been removed, shoulders have been excavated out for widening the roadway at the new intersection, and underground utility work has begun.
Construction of the intersection is scheduled to be completed August 6 and Pembroke Drive will reopen. Thank you for your continued patience during this construction season!
Subscribe to receive the RTC eNews
Are you interested in knowing what Your RTC is working on? The RTC eNews is a monthly electronic newsletter with information about projects, programs and events. The eNews includes informative articles, videos and a monthly calendar to keep you informed. Click here to subscribe and learn what RTC is doing to improve our region’s transportation systems. Archived editions are also available online.
Your RTC. Our Community. | rtcwashoe.com