Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/southeas/public_html/wp-content/plugins/q-and-a/inc/functions.php on line 252
Fourth of July Holiday Safety Tips
The SouthEast Connector Project Team wishes you an enjoyable—and safe—Fourth of July holiday by providing the following safety tips:
- Place the grill away from your home, deck railings, and out from under eaves and overhanging branches.
- Before you start grilling, refer to the manufacturer’s instruction for lightning the fuel, whether it’s propane or charcoal.
- Keep children and pets away from the grill area and never leave your grill unattended.
- Periodically remove grease or fat buildup in trays below the grill to prevent it from catching fire.
- When you are finished grilling, let the coals completely cool before disposing in a metal container.
The safest way to view fireworks is at a professional, public fireworks display, but if you do choose to have your own:
- Obey all local laws: It is illegal to possess or use fireworks within the Truckee Meadows and North Lake Tahoe Fire Districts including areas of Washoe County.
- Know your fireworks before using them by reading the caution labels and performance descriptions.
- Fireworks should only be used outside and away from buildings and vehicles.
- Never give fireworks to children.
- Wear safety glasses when shooting fireworks.
- Light one firework at a time and then quickly move away.
- Dispose of spent fireworks by wetting them down and placing them in a metal trash container away from combustible materials.
Construction operations will break for the holiday weekend and will resume on Tuesday, July 5.
Your RTC. Our Community. | rtcwashoe.com
The project team celebrates the warm weather and holiday weekend with a summer BBQ party.